- MemberNov 3, 2017 at 8:56 am
Please how do I move a live WordPress Site to my Local PC using local by flywheel?
So far I have not found any procedure that uses flywheel.
If there is any, a link to that page will also be much appreciated.
- AdministratorNov 3, 2017 at 9:40 am
There are several ways to do this, however, I think the easiest would be to use All In One Migration, it's a free plugin. Here is a tutorial:
- MemberNov 7, 2017 at 1:32 am
Thank you Adam.
I have watched this video and it was very helpful.
But this video is on Migrating from Local PC to a live website.
I am trying to do the reverse.
The problem I have when doing the reverse is that, when I try to import the file I exported from the Live website into my Local PC using the All-in-One Migration tool,during the restoring of databases, it gets to 90% and freezes. I leave the PC on overnight and still it remains at 90%.
What could be the issue? or is there something I am missing.
Any help will be much appreciated.
- AdministratorNov 7, 2017 at 10:08 pm
That's unfortunate. What version of PHP are you using on your hosting account? I would suggest making sure your dev site on Local has the same PHP version.
- MemberFeb 13, 2018 at 10:07 am
A few questions for you:
- Is it best practices to use WP Engine staging website feature to develop a new website with Elementor and Astra Theme or should this be developed using a different service? If so, is this what Local by Flywheel is used for? Or do you recommend another developmental website to create websites?
- Elementor and Astra Theme can be used on Local by Flywheel or the recommended developmental website, correct?
- Once the website is completed then it can be migrated from Local by Flywheel or another developmental website to the appropriate WordPress website, correct?
I have watched a lot of your videos on Youtube and your WPCrafter.com website. Your videos are very cogent and informative. I will purchase my items through your website (i.e., using the incognito/private tab) to ensure that you receive compensation as you suggest.
- MemberFeb 13, 2018 at 12:15 pm
I reviewed your video again and I realize that some of my questions are axiomatic, but I wanted to make sure that I was thinking about it correctly. Thank you, Patrick
- MemberJun 19, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Just discovered that the All In One Migration vid above is broken or video removed.
Log in to reply.