AnonymousGuestMay 9, 2018 at 11:50 pm
I have recently had a website made via wordpress, and the issue we're having is a white margin either side of the screen (from the header all the way down to the footer), the develop has changed the container, but there's still a margin, even on a normal sized laptop. We wanted the website to fit to the side of all screens (because the images we chose led to this), it's responsive when you reduce the size of the webpage, and it adjusts fine, it's just when it's full screen, it's a boxed layout. We assumed that the designs we sent to the developer could just be made to fit the screen.
So my questions are:
– how can we change it from this boxed layout to a layout that would fit on larger screens say 1024 wide?
– If we made the size of the header and the footer images bigger, would this make this better?
– What can we do to get rid of the white margin to the side? (we've already changed the container to the max it can go without distorting the layout, and after we've done that, some parts are really zoomed in and others aren't.
I would really appreciate any help or advice for this (as I'm quite stressed from this).
- MemberMay 11, 2018 at 3:50 am
what theme are you using?
- AdministratorMay 17, 2018 at 6:40 pm
Unfortunately, it sounds like you are not using a robust theme if it can't provide this simple format.
I would recommend firing your developer because it sounds like they are leading you down the wrong path, change themes, and if you need help from there I can connect you to a better developer.
Log in to reply.