- MemberJul 19, 2018 at 8:52 am
I have a photography business that I run on the side. Because it's a side job, I don't want to spend too much on it.
I currently have my site hosted on Cloudways (using a Vultr data center). I've been happy with the speed, and feel so-so about the service. (I know it's not true managed hosting, but it's advertised as such). I'm pretty comfortable with most maintenance and troubleshooting that needs to be done with any WordPress site; I really am more concerned about the speed advantages that usually come with managed hosting than anything else.
- MemberJul 20, 2018 at 3:11 am
How much time does it take to load?
What is the traffic on the website?
What is the size of the first page?
Run a test in https://gtmetrix.com/ or https://tools.pingdom.com
- MemberNov 2, 2018 at 7:16 am
I found this post because it mentioned Cloudways hosting and I am looking for a new hosting solution. The TTFB of the current hosting solution I am using is 1.5 to 2 seconds. Google is not showing me in their search results and Page Speed is one documented parameter of 200 parameters that they use.Therefore if I use your hosting solution my chances of being seen by Google would increase.
Your TTFB is 0.291 seconds in the attached report…. with 2.5s Fully Loaded Time…Without a CDN….
and the recommendation is to Optimize your images
Optimize the following images to reduce their size by 44.8KiB (6% reduction).
- Losslessly compressing https://www.wpcrafter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/family-in-wooded-scene-1024×683.jpg could save 41.9KiB (7% reduction). See optimized version.
- Losslessly compressing https://timevansphotography.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Charlie-Under-Pillows-2-300×[email protected] could save 1.7KiB (3% reduction). See optimized version.
- Losslessly compressing https://www.wpcrafter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/cade-blue-polo-1024×683.jpg could save 1.1KiB (3% reduction). See optimized version.
- Losslessly compressing https://timevansphotography.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/cropped-Favicon-512-60×60.jpg could save 113B (6% reduction). See optimized version.
- MemberFeb 12, 2019 at 10:20 pm
Shared Hosting dependably has some limitations. For multiple sites, you can trust only managed hosting. It is a bit costlier than Shared hosting but much more effective and secured.
Log in to reply.